University of Wuppertal
Monika Gatzke M.A.
Tel: +49 (0)202 439-1055
Bergische Uni beteiligt sich an Forschungskonsortium „KI-Absicherung“
Mit der Zuverlässigkeit von künstlicher Intelligenz (KI), die in sicherheitskritischen Bereichen... [more]
Frauen MINT-AWARD 2019
Wie sieht unsere Zukunft aus?
Werden smarte Maschinen und künstliche Intelligenz bald unseren Alltag dominieren und den Menschen... [more]
Wir freuen uns über Ihr Interesse an der Auftaktveranstaltung des IZMD. Programm: 14:30Empfang... [more]
Best Young Presenter Award
M.Sc. Niclas Grabowski wurde auf der 12th Australasian Aluminium Smelting Technology Conference... [more]
With the establishment of the "Interdisciplinary Center for Machine Learning and Data Analytics (IZMD)", the University of Wuppertal has created a cross-departmental institution to foster interdisciplinary research and the transfer of research insights in the fields of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data analytics. The IZMD consists of two branches, namely a branch dedicated to the scientific research in these areas, and a branch dedicated to the transfer of research knowledge in the form of cooperation with local businesses and industry partners, as well as with public institutions and intermediaries. The branch dedicated to the transfer of research insights is termed the "Bergische Innovation Platform for Artificial Intelligence (BIT)" and is consulted by a research advisory board. Additionally, the IZMD supports the respective degree programs at the University of Wuppertal by providing opportunities for topic-relevant internships and enabling students to apply the knowledge of their degree programs in the form of application-oriented development projects.
The IZMD is committed to the following responsibilities:
- Performing cutting-edge research in the fields of artificial intelligence, machine learning and data analytics.
- Closely cooperating with regional businesses, the general public, and public institutions and intermediaries. In particular, this includes the realization and execution of applied research projects with industry, and the exchange of expertise with experts from the private sector to spark inspiration for joint research and development issues. To achieve this, the IZMD also regularly organizes information briefings with current and future industry partners.
- Supporting young researchers and early-career scientists in their respective research fields.
- Acquiring the necessary funds to carry out the Center’s activities listed above.
- Performing public outreach to raise awareness for the activities and services of the Center.